PLEASE NOTE: BY ENTERING THE KERRY WAY ULTRA YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER
A physical examination is not required to compete in The KerryWayUltra but is recommended!
This event is characterised by high elevation, hills, extreme distances, uneven terrain, roots, rocks, road traffic and general trail conditions found along mountains and coastlines. It may be hot, cold, wet, windy and/or stormy. If I participate I could die or be seriously injured.
Having considered all the options, I agree to participate at my own risk. In consideration for the organisers accepting my entry into this race, I hereby waive and release any and all rights and claims I or my successors and assigns may have against The KerryWayUltra and its agents and representatives, Kerry Co. Co., Dept of the Environment, the land owners, the organisers, sponsors, any and all volunteers assisting in the race production, from all injuries, ailments or other consequences suffered by me in the race, whether caused by their negligence or my own, and I agree to hold them harmless for all claims, damages, judgments, and costs of whatever nature and form. I agree to abide with all instructions issued by An Garda Siochana or the stewards over the course of this event.
I affirm that I am in good health, suffer from no known conditions which will endanger my health or the health of others, and I am fit to compete in the event. In the case of injury or illness I will bear the cost of any evacuation procedures such as ambulance, helicopter, rescue and professional medical care. I understand that I must provide my own health and accident insurance. I give the organizers full permission to use any photographs, videotapes, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose. I understand that race entry fees paid by me are non-refundable unless the registrar refuses my entry. The non-refund policy also applies to any cancellation of the race due to weather, fire or any other conditions.
I give the organizers full permission to use my mobile phone number for live tracking purposes.
Entrants must be over 18 years of age on Sept 1st 2024.
The purpose of these rules is to ensure the integrity of The Kerry Way Ultra events. These events are a test of an individual’s performance, providing equal conditions for all. Run fair, be safe and respect the environment.
Entrants must abide by all the rules of The Kerry Way Ultra, either set out below or in any written or briefing instructions.
- Each entrant’s official race number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and be visible at all times.
- Entrants must follow the marked route at all times. Anybody departing from the official route must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
- Entrants may not accept aid or assistance from their crew in between crew stops.
- Entrants must complete the entire route under their own power.
- Entrants are responsible for the actions of their crew. Everyone, including crews, must comply with all race rules (including parking, aid, access etc.) or risk disqualification of their runner.
- All cut-off times will be strictly enforced.
- Medical personnel may evaluate the condition of any runner at any time or place during the race and have complete authority to determine whether the runner may continue in the race. Refusal by the runner to co-operate in any way may result in immediate disqualification.
- Any entrant wishing to drop out must return their tracker to the nearest crew stop manager. This is official notice of the runners withdrawal from the race.
- The Kerry Way Ultra events have a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of performance-enhancing drugs.
- Littering of any kind is prohibited and threatens our continued use of The Kerry Way.
- Please respect the country code of closing all gates behind you, even if there is another competitor close to you.
- Entrants must finish within the 40-hour (Ultra and Relay), 24-hour (UltraNite) and 13-hour (UltraLite) cut-off time to be included as a finisher.
Rule Violation Procedure
Alleging violation of a Race Rule is a very serious matter. Any entrant determined to have violated any of the above rules may be disqualified, may be subjected to a time penalty or a one-year/lifetime ban from KWU.
Protests must be submitted by a registered entrant or race official and must be reported as soon as possible to the Race Director and/or the nearest Crew Stop Manager