The purpose of these rules is to ensure the integrity of The Kerry Way Ultra events. These events are a test of an individual’s performance, providing equal conditions for all. Run fair, be safe and respect the environment.
Entrants must abide by all the rules of The Kerry Way Ultra, either set out below or in any written or briefing instructions.
- Each entrant’s official race number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and be visible at all times.
- Entrants must follow the marked route at all times. Anybody departing from the official route must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
- Entrants may not accept aid or assistance from their crew or other people in between crew stops.
- Entrants must complete the entire route under their own power.
- Entrants are responsible for the actions of their crew. Everyone, including crews, must comply with all race rules (including parking, aid, access etc.) or risk disqualification of their runner.
- All cut-off times will be strictly enforced.
- Medical personnel may evaluate the condition of any runner at any time or place during the race and have complete authority to determine whether the runner may continue in the race. Refusal by the runner to co-operate in any way may result in immediate disqualification.
- Any entrant wishing to drop out must return their tracker to the nearest crew stop manager. This is official notice of the runners withdrawal from the race.
- The Kerry Way Ultra events have a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of performance-enhancing drugs.
- Littering of any kind is prohibited and threatens our continued use of The Kerry Way.
- Please respect the country code of closing all gates behind you, even if there is another competitor close to you.
- Entrants must finish within the 40-hour (Ultra and Relay), 25-hour (UltraNite) and 13-hour (UltraLite) cut-off time to be included as a finisher.
Rule Violation Procedure
Alleging violation of a Race Rule is a very serious matter. Any entrant determined to have violated any of the above rules may be disqualified, may be subjected to a time penalty or a one-year/lifetime ban from KWU.
Protests must be submitted by a registered entrant or race official and must be reported as soon as possible to the Race Director and/or the nearest Crew Stop Manager.